We present the best tricks How To Do Liquid Eyeliner that suits your needs and your way of makeup, able to transform your routine of beauty.
How To Do Liquid Eyeliner
- Definitely, make sure you have your elbow rested on a surface so that it keeps your hand steady. I disagree with one of the last comments though, if your keep stopping and starting it will make the line uneven and bumpy. Start from the inside of the lid and sweep, slowly, across keeping as close to the lashes as you possibly can. And, of course, practice makes perfect.
- Practice! It helps to steady your hand, if you’re putting on the makeup in the bathroom, for instance, prop your elbow on the toothbrush holder or soap dish. also, it helps to make the skin on your eyelid a little bit tight – don’t yank at it, just tighten it a bit. Practice with a watery solution of eyeliner at first, so that you can go back and redo till you’re happy with it.
- I do liquid eyeliner every day with this trick. Hold the brush with thumb and index finger, with your pinkie hold the balance of your hand by placing it on your cheeks. Place the tip of the brush in the inner corner of your eye, and with one slide draw the line without moving the pinkie. You might not get it the first time, but practice makes perfect.
- You need to find the liner type that works for you. I can’t use eyeliner pens to save my life. That Maybelline one everybody raves about resulted in a smashed mirror in my house! It took until I was 27 before I could do a passable tight line with a pencil. On the flip side, hand me a liquid with a dipped brush that has long, ultra flexible bristles I get a perfect wing every time.
- When I do my eyeliner I first take a slightly darker than my skin tone eyeshadow and make a line on from my lower lash line in the direction of my eyebrow tail. Then I draw a thin line that is even on both sides and I drag the brush from a little bit down the line to my lid draw line on my lid to my inner corner, fill it in and the sharpen the edge. I’m sorry I am not good at describing but I hope I helped you may not be good at first it takes you a few tries. if liquid doesn’t work the try gel or pencil.
How Do I Apply Liquid Eyeliner?
Liquid eyeliner provides your eyes with the most dramatic look. It’s perfect for a night out on the town or a photo shoot. Applying liquid eyeliner can be tricky but with the right tools and a steady hand, liquid eyeliner can enhance your eyes by defining them and making your lashes appear fuller.
Things You’ll Need:
- Liquid eyeliner
- Liquid eye makeup remover
- Cotton swab
- Eye Pencil
- Eyeliner brush
- Dark eye shadow
- Choose the type of liquid eyeliner you want to use. You can use liquid eyeliner with a wand applicator or liquid eyeliner with a sponge tip, similar to a felt-tip pen. Practice using both and go with the eyeliner you feel most comfortable with.
- Select the color of your liquid eyeliner. Liquid eyeliner’s purpose is to create fullness and thickness in the eyelashes, so choose the same color as the mascara you plan to use for a more natural look.
- Rest one elbow on a flat surface, like your bathroom counter, to help steady your hand. Close one eye and lift that eyelid gently with your non-dominant hand.
- Apply the liquid eyeliner as close as possible to the lash line. Make a series of small marks, instead of one straight line across, to give you more control of the eyeliner. Connect the series of small marks as you move along the lash line.
- Repeat Step 4 on your other eye. Check both eyes carefully in a mirror. Small mistakes and smudges can be erased using a dab of liquid eye makeup remover on a cotton swab.
How Do I Apply Liquid Eyeliner?
Rest your pinky on your cheek, then apply the eyeliner starting from the inner corner. Make small strokes and connect them instead of drawing one straight line without stopping. You’ll make fewer mistakes this way. Did I mention liquid eyeliner burns if it gets into your eyes? NEVER line your waterline with liquid liner!
Plus do not stretch or tug your eyes when applying eyeliner, that will cause premature sags and wrinkles.
To make a cat eye, start thinly in the inner corner then gradually thicken the line then wing the line on the outer corners.
How to Do Liquid Eyeliner on the Bottom Lid?
I wouldn’t suggest using liquid eyeliner for your bottom lid. It gets into your eyes, runs off very easily, and while it’s drying it smears everywhere and then it looks uneven. It is AMAZING. And to put this type of eyeliner on you just pull down your bottom lid and it makes your bottom eyelid stick out so you draw the eyeliner from corner to corner and you can put it on the inside or the outside of your lid whichever you prefer. 🙂 And if you want a more dramatic look you can take a brush with a small tip, put it in some black eyeshadow and make it a thicker line. the MAC #210 brush works great for that. Or you can just use regular pencil eyeliner then smudge it. You can also use a Pencil eyeliner which is like a pencil but I like using the Crayon Pencil eyeliner (that’s what I call it, but It’s the kind that twists. Well, I hope this helps! And remember if you don’t get it the first time just keep trying practice makes perfect. it took me a while before I started doing it right so don’t feel bad if you can’t get the hang of it right away.
When I first started to use liquid eyeliner, I found that certain ones were very difficult to apply, whereas some are very easy. The cheap ones that an in a similar bottle to nail polish with a thin brush tend to be very difficult to use and don’t last long. The best one I have found is Maybelline Liner Express. It comes in something that looks like a pen. It’s blue with a gold twist off top. All you have to do is gently stroke it close to the eyelashes but not too close, then just fill the space in. You will understand when you use it – you’ll just get the feel for it pretty quick. But yeah, that’s the easiest one I have found, and it doesn’t splash or run at all, so you won’t get any in your eye unless you actually poke your eye. As for the bottom lid, just angle the tip of the brush up towards the eye, so it goes under the eyelashes and just takes the line where you want it.
How to Do Good Liquid Eyeliner?
I use liquid liner every day. and I never wear anything on the bottom lid. until you get good at it, use short strokes instead of trying to draw one line across your eye. practice, practice, practice. There are some good makeup tutorials I found online. She tells you how to do liquid liner pretty well in most of her videos, especially the “pin-up” series.
I don’t think anyone but a professional can do ‘perfect’ eyeliner, but I’ve used liquid eyeliner for about 2 years now, and I’ve found the easiest way to do it is to start off with a pencil liner or a felt tip liner on your top lid.
The reason being that you can use cotton wool buds dipped in makeup remover to remove areas that have gone wrong. And Liquid dries fast and is harder to remove. Then when you’re happy with the felt tip liner on your top lid, go over it with the liquid, to make the color more intense.
For the bottom, I’d do the same thing, start off with a kohl pencil and go over it with Liquid, beating it up with a cotton wool bud. The liquid isn’t really meant for the bottom lid, but pencil doesn’t last as long as the liquid does and it doesn’t give you a strong color. Be careful not to get it in your eye when doing the bottom though!
How Do You Put on Liquid Eyeliner?
Liquid eyeliner should only be used above the top lashes. It is best to use a pencil or eyeshadow under the lower lashes. For a more dramatic look, use a colored kohl pencil above and below lashes and follow with a black liquid liner on the top. It will make your lashes appear darker and will stay on all day. A dark eyeliner highlights the shape of your eyes and deepens the look. Softly line with an eyeliner pencil, draw a thin line along lashes next to roots.
For a dramatic look, lightly dot color along the lower lashes. For softness, a line can be smudged with fingertip or Q-tip.
Practice makes perfect in achieving a fine line. Hold your head back and look down into the mirror. The eyelid will be tight and it will be easier to apply the liner. Smudge if necessary. Don´t apply eyeliner in a thick line. It looks harsh and makes the eye appear heavy and tired. Get out of the 60´s and instead use a fine line. If you have trouble, use a brush to blend and smooth it out.
I find that the best way to apply it evenly is to rest the palm of your hand against your cheek, or rest your elbow on a steady surface whilst applying it. I also like to extend the line a little outwards of my eye and flick it up a little at the ends, this will give your eyes a really nice, feline shape. At first, try using a credit card to extend the line, as it will give u perfect and precise results.